Crissy's Running

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sun, 30 July- Mornington Bay Fun Run 8km


Early start today. yuk! Alarm went off at 5.30am. Had some toast with honey, then headed off to collect K and Pat. Arrived at the park just after 7am, only to be told that my number wasn't there for me to collect! Argh! Crisis!!
There was no way i was going to be a spectator. Luckily i didn't have to get my cranky voice out as the lady was happy for me to complete another registration card. Once that was out of the way, the 3 of us went for a very slow warm up jog for about 10mins or so. Some light stretches, then headed over to the start. How exciting, we were 4 from the front!

As we headed off, we managed to refrain from being caught up in the early sprint. Start of the up-hill was approx 500m into it. The track was almost completely hilly. Thankfully there were some great down hill recovery sections.
When K and i do training runs, we normally have a conversational pace. Today i planned on starting out at what i felt to be just out of my comfort zone. K stuck to my side, so i would continue that pace until told otherwise.
Into the 2nd lap, we did a small walk to help with the oxygen intake. Once on top of the hill for the last time, we started running again. We let the legs flow, so to speak, on the down hills, and even managed a sharp sprint to the finish line. ( love the sprint at the end!) (only when racing though k!)
Finished in 48.08mins. (Pat finished in 34 mins)
Max HR 176-92%, Av 161-84%

Headed over the road to the 'Boyz for Brekky', had some coffee and fantastic pancakes. (my absolute fave cafe for breakfast!)
Really enjoyed the morning, even though there were some very obnoxious hills, but made it all the more satisfying.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:55 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Well done Crissy, I thought you may have gone faster in this one, but its always good to provide support for others too.

    I hope you can manage a 10-12k on Monday.

     
  • At 8:02 pm, Blogger Peahen said…

    Hey why dont you post pictures of our butts while your at it Wench.

    Thanks heaps for sticking by me today, those hills were a killer. Good luck with ya run tomorrow LOL...LOL....LOL. Not me I am having visitors and learned last week that I am not ready for two days in a row.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home