Crissy's Running

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sun, 2 July Long- Dromana 13km

As I had to collect girls from Dromana, I decided this would be where I run. (Collecting them after I ran of course.)
Left just before 10am. This annoying dog decided to follow me too. The track is crushed gravel next to the beach. My fav running spot. Also cos it has no hills.
It took me aprox 10mins to get to the track from house. The stupid bloody dog nearly got ran over crossing the road. Anyway, had to do a bit of zig-zagging around the beach houses due to the 'not at all welcome' company. Got as far as Rye (just before Rosebud) where I turned around. 40mins.
Oh, and I had some shin pain which lasted 30mins. So I just did a slow run for the first half until pain went away.
It rained ever so softly for the first half of run, which was so beautiful. Had shorts and t on which was quite comfy.
Ran for 79mins. Roughly would have been 13km's. Max HR 165-86%, 149-78%.

Todays run was enjoyable except for the pain in the arse dog that just would not go away. I actually had to save the thing a few times. Although it did amuse me at one stage whilst chasing some birds. It decided to jump the wall (about 60cm's high) next to the beach. As it leapt off the wall, you could see it's legs stiffen up in fear as it realised there was actually a 2 metre drop. Don't worry, no injuries. But it made me laugh for the next 20metres or so.

Hopefully next week is an improvement on this weeks as there has been quite a mental struggle going on. All cos of wed's stuff up.
MOVE ON CHRISTINE!
Ah, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc breath.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:53 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Good to see the run happened!

     
  • At 5:20 pm, Blogger Em said…

    Well done, great run. You look well on track for the C2S, I am sure Stu has it covered for you but make sure you include some hills in your training. I did quite a bit of hill training before the half and while it was not always fun it was invaluable.

    Keep it up :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home