Crissy's Running

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wed,21 June- Speed, 8+-km

As a belated b'day prezzie came yesterday from '4' cousins... i did no exercise and ate party food! Crap. oh well.

Today, left home just before 2pm. Wore rain jacket for precaution. Did 15.40min w/u, stretched, then started with the drills (found out the correct name last night).
5 x 30m Knee lift
5 x 30m heel to bum
5 x 30m sideway stepping. Now look. i really need to be shown how to do this properly. i am sure i am not doing them right. i also cut them down as these seem to make my knee a tad niggly. (today the niggle lasted all the session)
5 x 60m strides @ 5k pace. ( i think i did these faster)
Then ladder reps:
200m - 51 secs (+1sec)
400m - 1.45mins (0)
600m - 2.40 (0)
800m - 3.40 (+5)
800m - 3.39 (+4)
600m - 2.43 (+3)
400m - 1.46 (+1)
200m - 43 (-7)

Recovery was close to exact. 1min walk then i min slow jog. Except for 800's which were 3min standing. (my fav!)
I had many moments were i was ready to give up. My breathing was such a struggle from the 600 onwards. squeeky breathing i will call it. I reckon i was at my limit. I remember walking after the 2nd 600 and calling Stu a few names. (he is the one putting me through all this)
But on the other hand, i have definately noticed an improvement and it is no doubt due to his guidance. So ta Stu..... i think. :-)
There were 2 things that kept me on track today. Satisfaction of completing these very hard reps, and the last 200. I really wanted to run fast.
I ran the last 200 at almost flat out. I noticed my calf was a little sore during this too. My legs feel like they worked hard today.
Max HR 172-90%, Av 146 76%
Oh, and i finished off with a 10min c/d jog. Then stretched.
Total time (excluding drills) 64.01mins.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Crikey girl, your really working your arse off! I was feeling great bout my run today but now I am actually feeling lazy. Good on ya though.

    Looking forward to Friday. XX

     
  • At 8:37 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Now thats more like it!!!

    As I said on MSN, well done! This session is SO much better than last week, more control, closer to required times, not too fast and the recoveries spot on, this is where the improvements will come from!

    This is easily your best session so far, again well done! And with your long run of 75 min on the w/e we will see a good week of training and maybe even a small block of choc coming your way (well a Freddo at least) :-) .

    As I said to you, we will now move into a couple of hard weeks, intervals remaining the same but work a little harder on other days, before a little rest!!!

    Have fun

     
  • At 9:32 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    A good ladder session Crissy. This stuff will certainly improve your speed. Well done!

    SB:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home