Crissy's Running

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sun, 18 June, Long- Somers Biketrack 12km


Due to Fridays 'all nighter', and saturdays 'very hungover' efforts, i decided to run today instead.
Had some porridge for breaky then left just after 11am. It was cold this morning again, so i decided to wear skins. but by the time i left, the bloody sun had come out. Oh well.
Pic is of the bike track. I am approx 2km's from home where i took pic.
went on part of the Disney bike track (where i had shin issues a couple of weeks ago) where i actually started to feel the niggling shins again. I wasn't traveling fast but it seems it's once i have done a little hill work this happens. Down hill first. I wonder if i were to run flat for 20mins or so first, if i would still have the probs?
After 11mins, turned left down South Beach Rd. Shins were ok ish after a little while. (the pain is only mild. like fatigue sort of).
The track is tar the whole way. This may be another reason.
Got to turn around point which was quite handy at the 34min mark. I had a 20sec walk at end from the yukky hill that knackered me.
Finished run in 70.07mins. Max HR 165-86%, Av 157-82%. I felt like i ran a little faster than i normally do my long runs, although i did ease into it at the start.
I ran this same track in Feb with a time of 80+ mins. Was not in good condition at all, both physically and mentally, but to give you an idea.

I had some powerade once i got home, then a sanga for lunch.
And now while typing this, i ate a pria bar cos i was craving a chocky. Which unfortuantely was my last one. Perhaps Marty could wrangle up some more for me. :-P
Also entered the City to Surf today. HSBC start.

Stu tells me that i ran at 5.50min pace. Wholly shit! Now i have a stoopid smile on my face.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:26 am, Blogger Em said…

    I love Pria bars too. You are supposed to have some simple carbs and protein right after a run and they are small and easy to eat when you don't really feel like it.

    Well done on your long run. Beki and I had the same problem, all rugged up then the sun came out.

     
  • At 10:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a great run baby. Hey, you must have ran where I had my car accident (The Disney st South Beach Rd Roundabout).

     
  • At 2:57 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    5:50 is a good pace for a 12km training run - love your work!

    SB:)

     
  • At 8:15 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Good stuff Crissy, as I said on MSN I suspect you are starting to get a little faster now, the 5:50 pace is 10-15 sec faster per km than the Geelong HM.

    Well done, even though I know you are not a 'fan' of some of the interval work I do suspect it is starting to work quite well with the w/e 60-70 min runs.

    Stu

     

Post a Comment

<< Home