Crissy's Running

Monday, June 26, 2006

Mon, 26 June - Fast 10km + 1km

I was looking forward to today's run as the plan was to run it fast. Well... As fast as I could do it.
Left just after 2pm and started off easy. Track was to be the Disney bike track and Woolleys loop. Total of 10km.(all on tar) As it was a gorgeous day, I wore singlet and shorts. My shins started to have a slight niggle (seems to be regular on this track) but after around 15mins disappeared. I picked up the pace around 5mins into run. Around the 25min mark, I noticed I was traveling quite well. At least on target for pb.
Got to a marker that used to take me 30mins that took 28 today. Another km down the road, I had to stop at the loo's. I reckon I was out of action for just under 10mins. Couldn't be helped though. IBS. Anyway, started off again, but I was a fair bit slower. I'm not sure if this was because I stopped or if I had actually gone too hard too soon. Tried to pick up the pace again and was traveling nicely from abour 8km onwards. Got to my 10km marker at 56.32mins. (toilet stop not included in time). As I was still 1km from home, I jogged the remainder. Max HR 169-88%, Av 157- 82%. (i am classing todays run as 11km's)

I feel that if today's run was my 6km track (which I followed partly) I would have had an accurate time, as pace and intensity were quite good for me. But, def could not have bypassed the loo's!
Am happy with today's run and effort. Especially as there are a few hills in there to boot!

Am a bit scared about Wed now, as Mr Miyagi has made it into a challenging day. I will still be trying my best though. sigh.

P.S Have a double whammy of a blister on my left arch. The worste i have ever had. Roughly 10cent coin size. Will be following K's advice. Also wearing some blister block on Wed.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:34 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Excellent stuff Crissy, mid 56s, very good!!!

    Don't worry about the toilet, these things happen, just ask many of my training partners!!! Training run is ok, now you can try and analyse it so it doesn't happen in a race, meaning what foods etc etc.

    Of course it is an 11km run. Make sure you get stuck into the pool and core work tmw.

    Coach instructions: Wed session is to happen, make it so, guts it out, you will love it if it happens. Use your watch to make sure you are going the right pace asap, ie on the first lap at the half way mark, know what time you should hit that and then adjust accordingly, very important to get this one right on!!!

    :-)

    Stu

     
  • At 8:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great run baby! I do feel for you with the blister. I keep getting them in the same spot, you would think that part of my feet would be dead & immune to them by now LOL.

    Good luck Wednesday, imagine Mr Myagi out there with his crop whip.

     
  • At 8:23 pm, Blogger Peahen said…

    Me again......Just had to add that I have never had a Mid Run Turtle Head but can imagine them being rather frustrating. Still I always find MRTH stories very amusing. Maybe someone needs to start a thread on the forum!

     
  • At 10:30 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Nice run - you're flying now!

    SB:)

     
  • At 11:16 am, Blogger Jaykay said…

    LOL at Mr Miyagi :0)

    Great run Crissy...you just seem to be improving so quickly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home