Crissy's Running

Monday, June 19, 2006

Mon, 19 June- Crib (zig-zagging) 10km

Left around 2.30pm. Instructions were to run 45mins at HM pace, then increase to 10km pace.
I forgot to check this before i left, so i had a stab and decided on 40mins and the rest was luckily correct.
I jogged from my place to starting point (approx 200m) where i started my watch, and took it steady but not slow, at first. I was running to Crib Pier and haven't done it in ages and i think this is why i couldn't run at a slower pace. Which i didn't realise until i got to the 3km mark in 17.21 mins. I was slightly out of my comfort zone. I tried to slow it down a tad but since finding out that yesterdays 'long run' at an easy pace (well slightly faster) was at 5.50pace, i felt like i was all out of whack today. i had no idea what my 'current' 10k pace or hm pace would be. I was all over the shop.
Just before the 40min mark, there was an incline. Stayed close to the same pace up the hill. HR was sitting around 150-153.
From 40mins i moved HR up to 155bpm. As i simply have no idea what pace i was going. Was starting to puff a little more, obviously, but i could have gone faster.
As i was getting closer to home, i couldn't keep pace the same. Started speeding up again.
Anyway, got home in 58.07mins. Max HR 160-84%, Av 151-79%.
Today was a struggle in terms of pace. I think i ran too fast and completely all out of whack.
Back started to niggle about a k from home.
It's been 3hrs since i finished and my Glutes are a little sore. Also Hammy's. And..... i have a bloody blister on one of my toes!
So, i guess i am not disapointed with todays run, just frustrated that i have no idea how fast i am travelling.
Oh, and i had another date scone today. Bloody dates get me every time!

A little 'Well done to K for doing yet another 6km!'
Go girl!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Baby, I am certain I wont be able to keep up with you anymore.

    In answer to your comment on mine, I have my usual 5km planned for Wednesday at my usual place and Bike for the non-run days.

    Oh and when I walked today it wasn't as part of the track, it was in circles near the car to see how my leg felt. So the last lap was all running no walking. Still dissapointing though. Anyway I plan to do Fridays 6 without stopping.

     
  • At 8:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Crissy, another good session, don't worry too much about your pace, if 10k today, you managed 5:49 per km pace, well done.

    Loads of core work tmw, swim with no flippers and get ready for a hard interval session on Wed.

    Fri...as K is going to run 6k, and you are running 8k, I would really like for you to hook up with her and then run a further 2km afterwards at the same pace. Leaving you fresh for the 75 min on Sat.

    SM the Coach

     
  • At 6:03 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Nice one again Crissy! Coaches words
    sound good - keep up the great work!

    SB:)

     
  • At 8:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What have you guys got against flippers? My swimming coach actually had us using them in most of our training sessions.

    Stu I have said it one and I will say it again....Your a saddist. XX

     
  • At 7:55 pm, Blogger Em said…

    You don't work at Bakers Delight do you??? Their date scones are fab, I often treat myself to one on a Saturday. They way I see it one date scone to munch on while I am doing the shopping stops me from caving in and buying crap at the supermarket.

     
  • At 11:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep up the good work and ouch to the blister on your toe. I usually get those when wearing new runners.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home