Crissy's Running

Friday, July 07, 2006

Fri 7 July- Pelican 4km walk + 3km run

Well as the heading suggests..... i walked today. Here is the story.
As i have had constant slight pain in my shins since sun, i booked into seeing the podiatrist (massage therapist) yesterday.
After some horrible rubbing, he decided that i don't have shin splints. He also gave me some accupuncture. This wasn't as bad as i was expecting. Didn't hurt at all. My shins and quads were his target area. Anyway, (beginning to waffle) he said to walk 5km's then jog 1km then walk 1km for fri run.
Well.... met K just after 10am. She set off on her run, and i set off on my bloody boring snail pace. Didn't have any pain. Was moving at a fast walk. but it was gettin to me that i wasn't running. Argh! K was about to pass me on my 2nd lap (her 3rd) and i caved. I had to join her. We were doing an easy pace, which was what i was told to do. but a little more than 1k run was done. I ended up walking approx 3km's and jogging 3km, with a 1k walk at end.
Legs felt pretty good, just slightly sore from all the prodding yesterday.
I have been given the green light to do tmw's long run. I will be doing it very comfortably without any hills. Prob head down to Pelican perhaps. (only cos it's nearest crush rock track)

Ooooh..... and i can't wait to head out tmw night. K and i will be making Mornington very aware that 'The boogs are in the building!'Has been a very long time and i am going to make up for every last bit of it!
Hehe.

K is now a 10k runner! The woman did 10k today.... and pretty much all by herself! Good on ya chicky!!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:06 pm, Blogger Peahen said…

    If you don't feel like running laps of pelican park again may I suggest my Nuns walk track. I personaly don't think I could handle any more than 10km of the foreshore BORING. I was thinking of doing an easy 5km at nuns walk in the arvo if I come home after dropping Anna off.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home