Crissy's Running

Monday, June 12, 2006

Mon, 12 June- Board walk. 11km+-

Decided last night that i would get todays run over with early. Especially as K corrupted me into skipping yesterdays run AND eating a fredo and some smarties!
Dropped my girls off at Ma & Pa's who told me i was crazy for heading out in such rain.
Left from home and did a couple of mins jog before starting the watch at my usual starting point. Rainy and very cold. I wore shorts and T with rain jacket on. I felt that i started at a good pace. Slightly faster than i normally would on a long run because i have tmw off and didn't see the prob in doing so.
After 10 mins or so i noticed my shin area was a little sore. It came and went until around 20mins into run. ANyway, ran for 30mins then turned for home on the boardwalk. (it took me 17.30mins to get to start of boardwalk). When i got to the end of boardwalk i noticed that i ran it 20secs faster. Cool baby. Kept on at the slightly faster pace. Headed up the hill that is approx 1km or so. Very slight incline. Enough to increase my HR a few beats. Rain had stopped by this stage and i arrived at my finish point in 59.52mins. Yay, i was faster on the way back even with running up hill.
Enjoyed today as my long runs are my fav. But not the soggy shoes!
Max 165- 86%, Av 157- 82%.
After i got home and did a couple of stretches i did 2 x 50 crunches, 2 x 15 push ups, and 25 diagonal crunches.
Oh, and i ate a banana as soon as i got in the door from run.

Then was taken out for lunch with someone that i now see as being a very good friend for quite a long time. Was nice.

Update with the b'day cake.... Kids loved it! But there was no way that i was letting them eat all that icing! It quickly was removed before they got to dive into it. Thanks K & A for making 4's b'day extra special!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG.....Yeah I corrupted you into skipping your run and eating chocolate. If I recall it was you who said "You want some chocolate cos I am having some" then when i answered No you still came back with a freddo for me. Who is corrupting who here. Oh and then you tried talking me into a drinking session with you last night. PMSL. You crack me up baby.

    Anyway I'm glad you enjoyed your run, I was running at a similar time (for half the time of course) and enjoyed the fresh weather aswell. LOL.

    The cake was yummy, Little A ate the jelly for me though and there was no way I was eating that icing. Crissy can bake though. We had an awesome day yesterday and it was nice to see the girls playing nice together.

     
  • At 4:15 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Good run today, lots of calf stretches and some HARD self massage of the shin, please.

    Gym & swim tmw, LOADS of core work, make it HURT.

    Stu

     
  • At 4:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Today's run would have cost you a fortune. How can you afford Bananas, I can't.

     
  • At 8:03 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Regarding the question on my blog regarding you running twice in a day:

    NO you cannot, get 5 years experience and then ask again!

    :-)

     
  • At 10:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Chrissy,

    Looks like your doing heaps of run training, by the way it Ian from Newcastle. I hear your keen on doing the City to Surf with Dan. Kick his butt for me. He asked if I wanted to do it with you two, Don't know, I haven't done much in the training, although I am doing an adventure race 3-6hrs in duration on the 25th June so i see how that goes. I couldn't be bothered with the Ironman racing at the moment, so this might be the next best thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home