Crissy's Running

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thur 8 June- Easy 10k, Bike track + Wooleys

Planned on going around morn tea time but didn't happen. Booged around with nanny & poppy instead. Actually today was supposed to be a rest day, but due to skipping mondays session i thought today should be turned into a 'make up' session.
Headed out at 4:30pm. Decided to wear my 'target' shirt. ( fluro reflective shirt worn by bhp workers etc) Apart from that, had the cotton t-shirt and shorts on. Very very cold at first and actually took around 15mins for my fingers to defrost.
Went at a very easy pace for the first 6k's which felt like they took forever. That was when i decided to pick up the pace a tad. HR was sitting around 150 or so then moved up to the 160mark. I felt just out of the comfort zone. Not too hard, just nice. (wish i had a watch that told me how fast i was going so i wouldn't have to waffle on with how i felt i was going etc)
Anyway, i noticed that running on the road is not as much fun as it used to be. Joints were feeling the difference. Lower back, knees etc. tried to run along a little of the dirt areas but not many. Got to my 10km mark at 58mins on the smacker. Stu suggested to run an extra k as fast as i could. But i decided as it was getting dark and i couldn't see the tree roots on the ground, that i would pick up the pace a little but not too much (ok, ok, maybe i was just being lazy!)
I felt like i ran it really well but my watch begs to differ. Finished 11k's in 64.06mins. Which means i took just over 6mins for last k. Perhaps the constant hill all the way home made a difference.
All in all, today was actually a boring run but as stu would say, "a tick in the box". i think i was just going too bloody slow.
Max HR 167- 87%, Av 157- 82%
Last couple of k's were around 164-165.
Oh and i finished with a 5min walk. Then a few stretches, which i will continue tonight while i watch my movie!
And tmw i plan on doing 4 laps at Pelican as i need a softer surface.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:13 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Tomorrow will be third day in a row, so no hero stuff, easy run, putting some kms in the legs!

    If you get the chance do lots of stretching, deep, glutes, hip flexors, lower back as well as the norm, and don't forget those shins...

    Re the S2F training sessions, I do the Run Leader on Wed, we leave from Fed Square at 6pm and I have consistently lead the 5 min pace 5k group or the 5:30ish 5k group, & once or twice the slow 5k group.

    Wait & see what happens this w/e, long w/e no real plans, but not sure what is happening with the boys.

     
  • At 9:18 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yep! you were too good for me today!
    I'd better get my act together eh?
    Glad to see you're enjoying your runs.
    Take care.


    SB:)

     
  • At 9:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think the word "Lazy" in an entry about a 10km run should be illegal.

    Good work Pissy! I only dream of the day I can complete 10k, and under an hour OMG!

    You should do tomorrows run here at my track, it's super soft and then you could come to my place for a cuppa afterwards.

     
  • At 10:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done. 11km is nothing to be down about!

     
  • At 11:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You shouldn't have mentioned the word, 'lazy'. I was with you all the way with the excuses.......

    As others have said, "it's a tick in the box". 11 km is a descent distance to run.

    FYI - your comment my way re - Garmins, I replied which includes a link to an Australian distributor.

     
  • At 11:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I meant to say, "decent distance".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home