Crissy's Running

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Wed, 7 June-Speed 10km+-

As it was dead at work, got to finish early and head down the park for the yukky speed sesion.
Decided to leave car at home. Only took 4 mins to reach park so continued to complete the 15min w/u jog. Stretched a little then:
4 x 30m knee lift
4 x 30m Heel to bum
2 x 30m s/w stepping (still feel like a twit doing these)
3 x 60m strides at 10k pace ( i think i did a little faster)
5 x reps of 2 laps, recovery walk half a lap then very slow jog for 2nd half.
1st rep- 3.34mins (Stu wanted between 3.30-3.40mins)
2nd rep- 3.40mins (knew i slacked off )
3rd rep- 3.37mins ( yep, felt it was around there)
4th rep- 3.34mins ( pushed harder but noticed my legs got carried away when i had quarter of a lap to go. weird)
5th rep- (yes i actually did them all) 3.32mins Woo Hoo baby!!!!! ( Pushed harder all the way and legs got carried away yet again. great feeling)
1st recov was half lap walk then half jog. 2nd was 2/3 walk then jog and same for remainder. Was approx 4mins which included me writting times down.
Finished with a 10min c/d jog home.
Reps were much more achievable as they were only 2 laps. Felt in control of reps and also able to complete them which is a HUGE thing for me. Very happy with myself.
I think i managed to run better due to not having to 'tough it out' in my head. Sounds ridiculous but it is my biggest struggle... fighting with myself. Lol.
Another reason could be that K gave me some great advice yesterday and i think i was able to let some things go today.
So,... no more sooking from this neck of the woods.
Also am eating better. And today will be my first without any grog in over a week. ( any rely's reading can kindly disreguard last sentence) And it's usually only 1 glass of red anyway.
Oh, hr...
Time was 60mins without the non-static stretches (don't know what they r called)
max hr 177- 93% (sat around 172 first few reps )
av 149- 78% (left it on during recovery too )
Starting iron tabs tmw.
Will have another blood test in 2 months to check levels.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:50 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    GREAT stuff Crissy!!!

    Reps excellent time and the recovery work was good to! We'll work on reducing that recovery!

    I decided that the shorter but still long enough to work your endurance may suit better and it would appear that may have worked.

    Now I know the course is neat home, there will be NO driving to the oval, unless there are exceptional circumstances.

    Next week, the rep session will be up the ladder and then down, don't worry it will make sense!!!

    Again well done!

    And what a 'kick in the bum' for the coach, knowing that K's suggestion helped you get through the session... :-)

    Stu

     
  • At 8:52 pm, Blogger Em said…

    Wow, looks like a good session, well done :-)

    Iron tabs hey, I can't take them myself, they don't agree with me.

    I manage my iron intake with supplemented food instead(sustagen, weet-bix, orange juice with added iron and so on).

     
  • At 10:12 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Totally agree; these foods are great foods, well weet-bix aren't my favorite....

    I luckily have never had to use iron tabs, but my personal opinion is look for natural alternatives, ie. food and this doesn't necessarily mean red meat, there are so many alternates.

    Stu

     
  • At 10:50 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Great session Crissy!
    That sounds like a set that i should do. You managed to keep them nice and
    consistant also. I take iron tabs with Vit C - have done now for about
    3 months and i think they probably help when you're a distance runner.


    SB:)

     
  • At 11:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If it makes you feel any better STu it wasn't running advise it was girly advise. And Crissy I am only too happy to kick you up the arse whenever you need it.

    You are really caining along with ya running, I will never catch up now. Keep it up girl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home