Crissy's Running

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wed,14 June-Speed 8km +-


Had a yumo Tuna salad sandwich for lunch (10.30am) a pear and a very tiny date scone (can that be my treat stu :-)
Lunch has to be this early when I am working. (don't ask)
Just thought I would let you know how much time there is between lunch and run. I can't change it, but is it ok anyway?
Time was 2.52pm when I set off. 14.20 min w/u jog to oval and around (clockwise) a few times. HR sat around 150, which I think was a little too fast. was puffing a bit too much. Had long sleeve top and rain jacket on with long shorts. Started to feel a little nauseous. Not sure why. I actually had the feeling earlier at work too. (no bun in the oven either to all those perverse minds!!!) Maybe Gall stone thing. Dunno.
Stretched a tad then started with:
4 x 30m knee lift
4 x 30m heel to bum
4 x 60m strides at 5km pace (god I have no idea how fast it was. faster than my normal running pace!)
I also tried to have nice straight arms (bent elbows of course) during strides and it felt really good to be able to concentrate on technique.
Then ( I think name is correct) ladder reps
in brackets is what stu wanted time wise
200m(50sec) - 46.56secs, with 1min walk and 1 min slow jog recovery
400m(1.45min) 1.43mins,1.15 min walk, rest jog (max HR 169)
600m(2.40min) 2.35mins, 2 min walk (max HR 175)
800m(3.35min) 3.37mins, 3 min standing
800m 3.35mins, 3 min standing
600m 2.42mins, 2 min walk incl little jog
400m 1.39mins, 2 min walk
200m 43secs, Yeah baby! I did it agaaaaain!! (max HR 167)

As you can see, I only remembered occasionally to check HR. Thought it may be of interest. Some of the recovery times prob had a few extra secs so I could make my way back to my notes, but more or less were correct. Also as I started thinking crap when it became harder, I decided to walk more of the recovery time.
Now I know my 200 times were faster than instructed, but I really enjoyed running fast. (Bet I get in trouble!) Today was such a change and with various distances, was very enjoyable and satisfying. Although I was struggling with the 800's a little, prob cos I ran too hard with previous reps. I kept thinking of Stu's comment of, "Make it happen!" and I did.
Then finished off with 10 min cool down jog.
Had a (yes very expensive) Banana and drink and stretched.
I haven't had any real 'running highs' since the Geelong half, however, Wednesdays seem to be producing the next best thing.
63mins in total without strides etc.
Max HR 174-91%, Av 146-76%

Had to put this pic in as I just love it. Was adjusting settings on camera to 'best' and was playing around taking pics of '4' and my hands. Ahhh....

2 Comments:

  • At 11:09 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Well Crissy, maybe next time you might get closer to achieving the 1 min walk and 1 min run.


    Good times, and it is fine to run that last 200 a little hard, appears to be good concentration on the 8's. But my only critiscm is the recoveries, that is where a lot of the work is, but I know that is hard.

    Re eating, I eat 12ish and train at 5ish, so I don't see any real problem with that. The only difference could be, I generally have a piece of fruit or dry biscuit (salada) around 2-3pm.

    Well done!

     
  • At 5:55 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Nice pic and a great running session
    Crissy! That type of work will make
    you faster over time. Like Stu says -
    "Make it happen" :) !!

    SB:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home