Crissy's Running

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wed,24 May-Speed 8km+-

Speed work day again. *cringe*
Put the i pod on hoping that it would give me a little more motivation. (Ministry of Sound) Decided on no Magic Dirt as it makes me think too much.
Got to the oval just after 2pm. Gorgeous day! Also no one about.
Started of with 10 min w.u jog. Stretched, then 5 x 60m strides. I did these a little slower than i normally do as i read recently that it shouldn't be an all out sprint. Which is what i had been trying to do. LOL.
Anyway, tried to pump myself up for the reps. Started off at a little slower than last Wed's pace. Which seemed to help. Felt like i was prob pushing a little too hard though as i was nearing my 'almost dying' breathing pattern. I backed off ever so slightly for the last lap and could actually work through the breathing difficulties. Was very satisfied at the end of that one but was wondering if i could repeat the process 3 more times. Walked to car to record time of 4.28 mins. (2.5laps) Also, don't forget that 2.5 laps isn't quite 1km, so yes... the time looks even worse now. Anyway,
After a couple of mins ( which i know stu is going to make me shorten recovery time) i started on 2nd one. I noticed i couldn't hold the same pace as last one and ended up doing 4.34mins. 3rd one felt reeeeally slow. 4.45mins. My breathing just wouldn't let me go any harder. (perhaps me not having the whip again let me slow too) Last one i really tried to get somewhere between 1st and 3rd time but ended up with 4.47. Was disappointed as i felt like i ran faster! BUT.... i actually did all my reps. OMG! No cheating today (well except for distance, just a smidge). Did c/d jog of 5 laps which took me 11.20mins. Did some more stretching esp as my right calf felt a little tight. (actually is still tight now. will do some more stretching tonight)
Total approx time was 1hr. Although i felt a little disappointed with my last rep, i am extremely happy that i completed my training for today! Wednesdays are my least favourite days but am trying to be positive and work through them as i know they will make me run real fast baby!
Also, i noticed that i usually always run in an anti c/w direction. Why is this? I tried alternating direction but kept forgeting after a while and stuck to the norm. Can anyone give me an insight??

I am looking forward to Sat run at Arthurs Seat. I love traveling to run!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:13 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Well done Crissy on completing the 4 reps. First, the strides are a w/up, they should be ran at approx the pace that the reps will be, ie if doing 400s they would be that pace, but you are doing approx 1k so the strides are that pace.

    The recovery time I would be interested to know, because you are right this is where we will make some slight changes when the sessions become more manageable, I would love to know what your exact recovery time is, maybe time to get a watch that can record lap times, then you can let the watch go the entire session, but just hit the lap button.

    Again, well done, I will send you next weeks program either tmw or Friday.

    Stu

     
  • At 12:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we are all creatures of habit. I generally run all my different courses in the same direction. For something different and change of scenery (sort of) I'll run the reverse direction.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home