Crissy's Running

Monday, May 22, 2006

Mon, 22 May-8km

Woolleys loop today. (clockwise)
Left at 3.15pm. Started off with 5mins w/u jog. Then continued on at HM pace. (i didn't realise until afterwards that Stu wanted me to go slightly faster than Hm pace. Woops)
After 20 mins i increased speed to 10km pace. I really have no idea what mine is as i am no good at judging pace etc. Only one i know well is my HM pace. Anyway, basically i ran a little faster for 10 mins. My breathing was kind of ok. i had to keep trying to jam air into my lungs every 3-4 breaths. Almost like just under my 1km rep pace. (is this too fast ?)
10 mins had past, so then i returned to HM pace. Breathing was fast but controlled. A conversation would have been difficult, just to give you an idea.
Noticed my right arch was getting a little sore ish. I really think i need some new shoes. (gotta return my Kayano's as they were no good for me what so ever. Only ran approx 15km's in them.) Have to get some more 2100's.
Finished in 46.20mins. My pb of this course (Anti C W) is 44.09 Approx 3months ago. I felt like i ran quite well and stuck to the program for a change. Am happy with my effort and hopefuly i get a gold star from Stui!
As for my hr, my watch is stuffed and i will be sending it to Polar tomorrow to be fixed. Prob take a week or so.

Just wondering if it's best to eat something straight after short runs too? If so, do grapes qualify?

4 Comments:

  • At 7:16 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    I'm still surprised that you have problems with the Kayano when you have been a 2100 wearer, they are similar???

    Yes eat asap after training, no matter the distance, grapes are better than nothing but I think they are mainly water.

    Good to hear you changed your pace around a bit, this will improve along with experience and you will get to know your 10k pace with further racing.

    I hope you did heaps of stretching afterwards, gentle and long!

    Strongly suggest you sort this shoe issue and when you go to the gym tmw, swim for at least 15 min to improve you breathing...and do some core work, have fun.

    Stu

     
  • At 9:21 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said…

    Yep, ticker looks fine to me lol ;)

     
  • At 7:45 pm, Blogger Em said…

    Hi

    I have recently read that you should have a good quality snack within an hour of running that contains a mix of protein and carbs. If I am on the go I have a Pria Bar, if I have time I have some rye bread with a little low fat cheese melted on it.

    Carbs to replace energy
    Protein for muscle repair

    Em

     
  • At 8:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Crissy, I think I briefly met you at the Geelong Half Marathon a few weeks ago.

    I like the comment "a conversation would have been difficult"...I wish that would be the case with some women I know......lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home