Crissy's Running

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wed,17 May- Speed 5km +-

Went to the Oval instead of Pelican. Drove to oval and started off with 9min w/u jog. Light stretches, then did 3 x 30mtr knee lifts, 3 x 30 mtr bum slaps, 3 x 30 mtr side steps (which felt like i was doing wrong) , 3 x 60 mtr strides. I feel like such a twit doing this stuff as it is making my running more technical and i don't feel worthy of it. Anyway, next i did (well planned on) 3 x 1km reps. I did the first one, which was actually 2.5 laps of oval in around 4:50 mins. hr sat around 174bpm. I felt i was finally consistent throughout those laps but am not sure what the distance was. ( am thinking somewhere around900-950mtrs) Need to measure as i like going down there. I walked for half a lap then proceeded with the next one. Lost faith and puff half way around first lap. So i decided to just run. i kept pace up to ok position but was feeling a little disappointed with myself. Motivation is pretty low at the moment and i'm not quite sure why. apart from a small complication in my life at the moment,(which will soon fade) i feel pretty good about things. Guess i am just in a lull.
Ended up running for another 10mins or so, then did some more stretches and went to pick up my gorgeous girls.
You know, it's amazing how they can make you re-assess your priority's.... looking through such innocent eyes..... i have such beautiful kids and healthy ones too. How lucky am i!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:02 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Crissy the oval sounds like a good place for the long reps and 2 1/2 laps is a good distance, don't worry about measuring, it is a consistent distance and close enough is good enough, we do not have to be too technical.

    The first rep sounded great, HR excellent, thats where I would like to see the HR and time at that effort is excellent, BUT you need to work through the session. Too bad you couldn't organise a training buddy, either M or K. You could use M, as I mentioned he can continue on when you recover or ask K and she may just do 2 laps and then she can recover there until you return for the next rep. I will have to re-evaluate next weeks program as I intended to start to increase the load, but your not ready for that yet.

    The stuff before is to get you working your muscle groups and improve your form eventually.

    And it was great to read about the innocence of the kids!

    Stu

     
  • At 12:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will email you next weeks program today (Thursday), after I make some small adjustments.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home