Crissy's Running

Monday, September 11, 2006

Mon 11 Sept, Stoney Pier - 6.5km

Youch!
As i sit here and recall my first run in nearly 2 weeks, i shudder to even contemplate the next.
I have been making so many excuses these past weeks, and the last few were based on the fact that it had been so long!
I almost did it again today, but that great sunny weather grabbed hold of me and dragged me out the door.
Singlet on and shorts, ipod on random, and ice gel on shins. I was off. And in no hurry either. Plodding pace today.
After 10mins or so, i noticed the breathing was not that fantastic. For the pace i was doing, the cardio was shocking. I really noticed a drop in my fitness due to the 2 week hybernation. I was running slower than my slow run days, yet my HR was higher than a short fast run! So i kept telling myself that it can only get better after today.
I never really found my rhythm, but i think that was due to the snails pace i was doing.
I didn't push at all (cos i plan on running wed) and i think i will be sensible about easing back into it this time. No injuries thanks!
K and i will hopefuly run this Fri. Prob be a long 5-6km run as we will both be coming back from temporary retirement. Lol!

Finished in 37.21mins.
Max HR 169-88%, Av 159-83%

My goal atm is to get cardio back up to where it should be. And if everything runs smoothly, even consider the Echuca Fun run in 10 weeks time.

P.S i will remove the C2S ticker... just as soon as i remember how to do it.

On a more personal note:
I have been enjoying my time with my kids more lately, and i think it is due to having the puter turned off. Those little 5min gaps that get you down on the floor playing with them before you have to cook dinner etc. I have been less stressed and even had time to tidy my house! (shock horror!)
So my new plan of attack is to blog once a week, at the latest, and stick to the less regimented running program.
I want to enjoy running, but mostly, i want to keep enjoying my little girls. :-)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:05 pm, Blogger Em said…

    Sounds like you have your priorites in order and your kids will love you for it, especially with the lovely weather coming our way there will be so much for you guys to get up to outside.

     
  • At 9:28 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Happy to hear you enjoyed your run.

    Stu

     

Post a Comment

<< Home