Crissy's Running

Monday, August 28, 2006

Mon 28 Aug - Jacks Beach, 10km+-

Left about 2.30pm. Plan was to listen to the body, even if i had to cut the run short.
Had slight niggles in shins around 10mins into run, but that soon faded. Had a great time on the board walk as it's something different. Also 'cos it has some dirt areas and winding tracks. It's so nice to be off the road.
I just guessed with the distance as it's unmarked. Ran out for 31mins, then headed back.
Finished in 61.40 (i think)
HR Max-
Av-
(i will add these later as i'm at ma & pa's)

I stopped for the usual toilet stop at jacks beach, then again at the turn around point.
Running with the body instead of against it, is how i ran today and it was so much more enjoyable.

After thinking about this op in 5 weeks time, i am starting to feel a tad anxious. And the only reason is because of the down time from running. I know i have a lot of slack moments and cut back here and there, but when it's not by choice, it's completely different.
But thinking positively, it's far from life threatening and i will recover.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that's the best way to run, listening to your body. I wish I'd listen to mine more so than I do.

     
  • At 8:35 pm, Blogger Peahen said…

    Of course the down time is gonna suck but it wont be for too long and you should be able to start swimming within a week of the op. Infact swimming would speed up the recovery time. I know after my op I had trouble walking with a straight back but I took too long to get moving again.

    I know a woman who had her Gall Bladder removed but was not as lucky as me and didn't get to have key hole surgery......She was back at the Gym within a week, I was just getting off the couch in that time so I think it depends on your outlook. Of course if I had the same op again now I would be up and moving alot sooner.

    I agree with Chris, how about a "Peahen Breakfast of champs special"......a red bull followed by two straight bourbons. Stuff what they think about the Bogan ordering grog at 8am.

    Oooooh I wanna come with.

     
  • At 2:04 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Good to see you're out there running.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home