Crissy's Running

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wed, 2 Aug- Speed 8km +-

Thankfully i read some messages on computer when i got home, 'cos i was feeling a tad lazy. After reading them i felt enthused enough to just get out there and get the job done.

Ok, got to oval at 2.25pm. No football on this week. I ran clock wise for just over 15mins. Stretched, then did the usuall drills:
3 x 30m bum slaps
3 x 30m knee lifts
3 x 60m Strides.
While doing the strides i noticed a weird feeling in my left hip/groin ish area. Hard to explain but you get the idea. As it was only slight, i kept moving.
Headed anti clock-wise up to my starting point for my first 200 and realised i didn't have my bloody stop watch! Decided on using the Polar. Pain in the arse, but at least a time.
As soon as i took off i noticed that pain was in my hip again. But this time, with a vengeance. It didn't make me stop, but made me slow it down completely. I kept jogging with the idea that i would do a few laps to see how much of a deal this was going to be. It lingered on but wasn't as bad as when i tried to run hard earlier. So.... after 2 laps i ran 200m a little harder than what i was doing. Seemed to be ok with only slight discomfort. I continued this until 10 laps had been done. ie if i were to guess pace... 200m at 6-6.30pace, then 200m 5-5.30 alternating between the two.
I have no idea if this was a useless task, but i didn't want to 'just run' nor did i want to continue with the reps and risk damaging something.
After the 10 laps, i did 10mins of c/d jogging.
Stretched, then home for floor work. (crunches, push-ups, plank etc)

Finished in 45.33mins
Max HR 166-87%, 152-80%

I was eyeing off a lamington at work just before i left. I caved in and decided i would take it home and enjoy eating that fluffy sponge cake soaked in chocolate sauce. Now before you spank me..... i changed my mind. I was strong. I opted for the apple i had in my bag. Felt pretty good about that. :-)

not long after leaving, i got the guilts as i remembered i bought a bag of musk lollies at lunch time :-(

2 Comments:

  • At 8:59 pm, Blogger Em said…

    Hey, just catching up. Great run on Sunday, that hilly course will set you up for the City to Surf!

    Love Boys for Breakky, I had a fantastic dinner there once on a chicks weeked before misbeaving at a great pub up the road :-)

     
  • At 7:58 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    I hope there is no problem with the hip region.

    Good work on the cake thingy (hate cakes, excluding 'loved ones' birthday cakes I haven't eaten a cake in more than 10 years). Apples are a much nicer choice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home