Crissy's Running

Monday, August 07, 2006

Mon 7 Aug, Wooleys loop- 8.5km


Take a look at these babies!!! My lovely little Asic's collection. (excluding the pair Asics have not returned yet! grr) I finally got my shoes.
I can't remember the old ones ever looking this bright though.

My hip has been fine all day but the niggle has moved to the knee cap area. Argh! will it ever end?
It has actually been a little sore since sat's run with K. Perhaps these 2 issues are linked somehow. Knee feels like there is grit under my knee cap. (had arthroscope done 9years ago and found nothing significant wrong)
So decided to play it safe and go back to the knee brace for todays run. I also wore the new shoes. Criticise all you like. i won't listen. La la la la la la. lol
Anyway, it was so damn nice outside i just couldn't wait to get out into it.

Left at 2.20pm. Took a little unplanned detour (forgot what track i was going to use) and headed out nice and easy. Was worried how i would go so played it safe. Didn't have any probs until 15mins or so and the shins were threatening, but went away. I played around with my stride a little. Tried to lengthen it a tad. Didn't really increase speed though.

I noticed that when i ran on the dirt beside the road, the shin problem eased quite a bit. The camber is pretty noticable. Not sure if that was the reason or just the fact i was running on softer surface.

With a few things on my mind, the run went really fast. Maybe 'cos i was cruising at a nice speed. Either way, i enjoyed it. Also didn't crash and burn, so thats gotta be a positive, right?

Finished run in 50.38mins.

Max HR, 159-83%, 151-79%.

Bro- i hope your feelin fine, 'cos i plan on gettin some whoop arse out on you this Sun baby! pmls.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:58 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Knee, hips & shin....

    Are you falling apart???

     
  • At 6:16 pm, Blogger Peahen said…

    Yeah baby yeah! Open that can of Whoop Ass.

    I am so excited for you about this weekend. Hope you got an appointment with Fred, if you didn;t I have been told about a great massage therapist in Tanti. I will chase it up for you just incase.

    Hey BTW woman, which Asics are they? I thought you were gonna get the 2110's.

     
  • At 8:39 pm, Blogger Crissyjt said…

    These are 2110's. As for the Kayano's lost in space, i may get them returned and use them for home and work.

     
  • At 9:02 pm, Blogger Ruune said…

    Great collection of shoes!! A collection like that reveals you as a real runner!!

     
  • At 9:49 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Pretty orange! ssssshhhhhhhhh don't
    tell anyone but i have some orange ones too!!


    SB:)

     
  • At 3:56 pm, Blogger Peahen said…

    OMG Did everyone hear that.......PAUL HAS ORANGE RUNNERS TOO!!!!

    Sorry Paul, couldn't help it.

    I WANT PINK ONES!!!!

     
  • At 9:22 pm, Blogger Em said…

    EXCITING, only 5 days to go :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home