Crissy's Running

Friday, August 04, 2006

Fri 4 Aug, Pelican Park- Fast 6km +2k slow



I ran out of time to post yesterday, so this will prob be short.
9.51 am, did a slow warm up jog for 2km's to get the hip thing nicely warmed up. it was niggling even while doing this. Seems to be while my foot is striking the ground.
Got to the light post and headed off. Did I mention that it was an absolute mud pit!
Anyway, completed first lap right on 12mins. Good time. Was pretty puffed though already. Kept going, dodging all the muddy puddles and the second lap was a fair bit slower, 12.30mins. Last one, 12.12mins. Wasn't my favorite run, but was satisfied with my efforts.
Stretching was a little uncomfortable when doing the calf's. Only in that damn hip.

Finished in 36.42mins- (didn't count warm up time, but will add distance to total k's)
Max HR 168-88%, Av 163-85%

Pics:
- A very weird looking angle of my sexy legs, but i was sitting down and noticed the state of my runners. Now i have proof that i need to buy new ones!
- Part of the very water logged track.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope that's not your cigarette butt next to your feet.

     
  • At 7:58 am, Blogger Crissyjt said…

    You know, i didn't even notice that rubbish as i took pic. Plus... i 'always do the right thing' :-)

     
  • At 1:25 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Well done Crissy on getting out there and rolling the legs over. Sounds like some good hip fexor stretching is required.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home