Crissy's Running

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Wed,31 May- Speed - 7km+-


What a freezing cold morning! But boy, did it turn out to be a beautiful day or what? Drove down to the park just after 2.30pm. Started off with 12mins of w/u jog. Then stretched.
3 x 30m knee lifts,
3 x 30m heel to bum,
2 x 30m sideways stepping. ( i do this as a jumping motion. Is that correct?)
3 x 60m strides (at the right pace this time!)
Then 4 x 1km reps. with 3.30mins recovery time between.
1st rep: 4.31 mins. ( was pretty happy with this)
2nd rep: 4.27mins. (was amazed! yet very happy)
3rd rep: 4.42mins (not surprised as i was getting knackered)
4th rep: 11.26mins (mental game got me. completely gave up after half a lap which was at a good time too, but decided to just do the c/d jog instead.)
If i was pushed i may have completed the last rep but felt too puffed. And i was in control of whether or not i completed. I was so pissed at myself for not doing all four. Still am disapointed now. I sooooo strugle with wednesdays and even had the thoughts of, 'why am i doing this etc'. Why do i run. Blah blah blah.
So, to try and stop all these stupid thoughts, i took my camera down to oval to take some pics and plan on printing them along with other great running spots and have them displayed about my house.
The good thing about today was that i had NO pain what so ever in shins! Woo hoo.
Took approx 1hr to complete todays session. Max hr 91%-174, Av hr 77%-147. Which tells me i could have pushed harder although i felt like my hr was sitting a little lower than normal. Maybe due to new battery. Dunno.

Well, i'd better get back to drinking my red that a secret admirer left at my door tonight! Lol.
i am booked in for blood test tmw and have to fast from 11 tonight. Argh.. not much drinking time left!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:35 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Crissy Crissy Crissy

    On Saturday, make sure I show what I mean by the sideway steps and also I'll show you cross overs!

    Great stuff those first 2 reps, exactly where you need to be, the third rep you slowed 10 sec, ok... but sadly you gave up the 4th. Right, next time this session is on I would rather see you extend the recovery by 30 sec between the 3rd & 4th. That would have been a much better plan than 'giving in on yourself'.

    But doing rep work is hard by yourself but you can do it!!!

    Great to hear about the shins, I would really like you to concentrate on your calf stretching for another week and ice after each run for another week.

    Stu

     
  • At 9:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I like the pic, and I bet everybody else was tilting their heads as well.

    In response to your question re - satelite pic at my blog. It's produced by the SportTracks program (free) in conjuction with a gps device, such as Garmin 301/305.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home