Crissy's Running

Monday, May 29, 2006

mon, 29 May 3km

Argh!!!!!
Put all the gear on etc even the half charged i pod. Left home at a very slow w/u jog. Got to start point after a few mins then started run at a little faster than HM pace. After a couple of mins, noticed my shin area was becoming sore. Warm kind of sensation. Tried to run through it but after another min or so, it became quite clear that this little black duck was not going to get her 10k run in today.. AT ALL!
Stopped to try and stretch. even rubbed the prob area, but as soon as i started to walk... Wholly crap, it hurt even more!
Kept walking. then even tried to do a very slow jog, but knew it was over. Turned around after 10mins and headed back home. was wishing i had my mobile. (mental note.... take the bloody thing next time)
took just over 25mins to get back home walking/very very slow jogging. Not many nice words were said during this time.
Rang stu as soon as i got in the door. "ice, nurofen and rub" he said.
So this i did.
I am about to do some more stretching and rubbing with nurofen. I think this is due to not letting my legs recover from sat hill run. I dunno, stu will prob think diff but that is the only thing i have done diff lately. Anyway, will be swimming tmw and hopefully that will help. And i am going to stay off bike tmw too.
Thankfully this is just a very minor set back, but still a pain in the ass.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:03 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Rest, ice and loads of stretching of warm muscles. Of course some self massaging and being hard on it will help.

    As I said on MSN or phone, Wed is a grass session so that may help, lots of calf stretching, using the wall and also when you hang your heel off a step. Also the shin stretch, I'm not sure if I showed you, I know I showed Karina, so ask her, if not I'll try and explain via email.

    Stu

     

Post a Comment

<< Home