Crissy's Running

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Pelican Park, Speed - 5km+-

3.30pm- Started off with a 10 min w/u jog. (Bpm sat around 150)
Did some stretches, then 4 x 60m strides (walked back to start point) bpm got to 155 i think.
Then did the 3 x 1km reps (aim for 5.10 Stu said) These are extremely hard for me to do. I still can't run at a consistent pace. After approx 1 min i am struggling with the breathing. By the time i got to 3.5 mins, i just couldn't get enough air in. My legs were feeling tingly and i wanted to stop. I only ended up running 4 mins each rep (sorry stu). I finished at start of gym equiptment. (just before tennis courts) I have no idea what my pace was but it felt quite slow. Prob even slower then half marathon pace. Bpm max was 92% (175). Av 80% (152). I can see that these are going to be my biggest hurdle but suspect that after more cardio work, i will improve.
Recovery was direct route back to start point. (walking each time)
Then finished with an 8 min, very slow c/d jog.
Then some stretches.

Stu- an in depth stretch routine would help me out a bit as i feel i am not really stretching to the best of my ability. Do you know of a good book etc?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:02 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    The reps are going to be a major part of making up for the lack of hills in your area. You need to get into a consistant pace and work through to the end of the rep.

    I think the HRM is a great idea, but getting caught up with 150bpm being 80% effort, I disagree. I want to see 170 whilst doing the reps and would be interested to know what your HRM is when you return to the start line and what was the break??

    SDon't be discouraged, this was only your second introduction to this style of speed work, it will happen.

    Stu

     
  • At 5:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home