Crissy's Running

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sun, 4 June Long Run 12km's+-

Didn't have breaky as i didn't want to wait 3 more hours before i ran. Finally got to Langwarrin Flora and Fauna park around 10:30am. Did a 5min w/u jog. Then set off on a track unknown. After looking in the Melways, i decided to follow the boundary as there were too many tracks throughout the middle. Eventually had to do a bit of zig-zagging as i was running out of area to run. There were actually a few hills (or rises) in there which made it a little unexpected as i actually changed todays run due to caution with my slightly sore shins.
Enjoyed the run esp as i had no idea where i was going. An adventure i guess.
Ran for 71mins then did a 5 min c/d jog. Went to car to grab my stretching towel and banana. During my stretches i noticed another runner about to head home after his run. I was very excited to see another runner as there aren't really many of us down this way. I started chatting to him and we exchanged numbers so we can run together with his group. (ie his wife and 2 others) Then stupidly asked what pace he did.... "oh around 4.30-5.00min k's". WHAT THE!!! then politely let him know of my snail pace. We will 'possibly' meet up for a run where i have the option of peeling off if i am too slow. He has done 3 or 4 Marathons too.
Anyway, was a nice finish to my run.
Max hr 165- 86%, Av 157- 82%
Effort felt like a comfy run. Able to possibly chat everynow and again. Steady puffing up the hills. Just to give you an idea.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:40 pm, Blogger Stu Mac said…

    Great stuff Crissy on the long run, excluding for extra distance there is no real need for a cool down after a long run as the run is generally easy anyway, this is why I do not encourage hard finishes to long runs, but the extra 5 minutes would not have hurt.

    I would suggest a small breaky before your long run, it doesn't need to be 3 hours, I use that for racing only. A small breaky will give you some fuel.

    I hope there was lots of calf stretching afterwards.

    I'll check out the rest of your blog now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home